Greetings, dear Colleagues.
The 2018 IBASA Calendar Year was indeed an eventful year, suffice to say IBASA’s year of action and positive changes. As we close this remarkable year, it is proper for us to count our blessings. Just to name but a few of the major milestones:
- June 2018 saw the successful launch of IBASA’s Gauteng Regional Association at an event that attracted more than 300 attendees. Our current agreement with the City of Ekurhuleni is set to continue for the next 3 years.
- We are both proud and pleased to report that we eventually concluded the grading and accreditation of SEDA Business Advisors. SEDA has provided us with 20 of their Regional Facilitators.
- For the first-time in the history of IBASA, in September 2018 we held our AGM outside Gauteng. In order to maximize output and minimize costs, the AGM in the Western Cape also combined with the launch of the Western Cape Regional Association. Further, we conducted a CPD presentation and launched IBASA’s new Corporate Identity (and logo).
- November 2018 saw the finalization of the IBASA Competency Framework, as well as the Special Strategic Session called by the Board to craft the way forward in response to the changing environment.
- After 3 years of collaborating and exploring, IBASA has now signed an exciting, ground-breaking agreement with GrowthWheel at the SABIC conference 2018.
- To crown the year still, in November, the Board appointed Dr Andre du Preez as Interim Managing Director for the next 12 months, in response to the CEO’s recommendation for a seasoned Administrator to be appointed. With effect from the 3rd December, Dr du Preez will be operating under the title of Executive Director. This is a positive development for the organization, and as result JMT, the current CEO will henceforth assume the role of Stakeholder Relations, Education and Development Executive.
As Secretariat we wish to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to Dr Andre du Preez, and to wish him a good, fulfilling and successful stint with IBASA.
In my capacity as outgoing CEO, I look forward to my new role and responsibility as Stakeholder Relations Executive.
May we also take this opportunity, as Secretariat, to wish a joyous festive season and indeed a prosperous 2019 to all our Members, Corporate Partners and many other organisations with whom we continue to build meaningful working relationships. It has been an honor and a privilege being of service.
Joseph M Tshiwilowilo (JMT)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Certified Business Adviser (CBA) (SA) IBASA