“I’m so frustrated by not being able to get done all those things demanding my time,” is perhaps the complaint business advisors hear most often from their entrepreneur clients. Many of our clients are constantly fighting fires, only attending to the most urgent tasks and neglecting to commit to the most important responsibilities that would help their businesses to take big leaps forward.
Often, such clients allow the situation to get out of hand. They either end up losing some of their most valuable customers, or they experience burnout trying to keep it all together. Only then do they seek help!
However, as their business advisors, we may take a more pro-active interest in the well-being of the owner-manager and the business as a whole. We may help our clients to prevent overload and burnout by introducing them to tools to help with prioritising, delegating and staying productive.
The upcoming episode of the IBASA & EPI Webinar Series covers the topic:
“Preventing Overload & Burnout
– How Business Advisors Can Help Entrepreneurs To Delegate & Stay Productive”
<< CLICK HERE >> to book your seat now.
In broad terms, there are two obvious ways of addressing burnout and overload – you may help the individual to create perspective and grow into a more complete person, or you may help the business to introduce systems and tools that will allow for efficient delegation and effective completion of tasks. Or you may combine the two.
While some business advisors may be able to offer a combination of coaching to achieve the first outcome and consulting to achieve the second outcome, most of us may have to work alongside a colleague who is an expert in the occupational discipline you are not qualified for.
Free CPD webinar
Luckily, we are not the first to ask the question about supporting others to reduce stress and be more productive – we can learn from the panellist on the upcoming IBASA & EPI Webinar who combine the perspectives of Nomase Sonqishe, as a coach, and Jurgen Banda-Hansmann, as a small business consultant and trainer:
- Nomase is a professional coach who works with her clients in overcoming barriers as they move into new ventures & leadership roles. She calls herself an ‘advocate for the underdog’ and believes that a little bit of encouragement can help anyone to be their best.
- Jurgen is an expert in the Getting Things Done (GTD) Methodology, where he supports small businesses to work productively and without stress. He first learnt about the GTD method when trying to organise the chaos in his own photography business, and since then became a GTD facilitator with Bella and William Elliot, who own the franchise to teach GTD® in South Africa.
Join these experts in their respective fields on this free CPD webinar:
– When: Thursday 22 August 2019
– Time: 11h30 to 12h45
– Cost: Free (sponsored by IBASA)
<< CLICK HERE >> to attend
To view past CPD Webinars go to https://www.ibasa.org.za/webinar/
– Christoff Oosthuysen hosts the IBASA & EPI Webinar Series and is the Founding CEO of the Entrepreneurial Planning Institute (EPI).