We hereby call for nominations for the identified vacant IBASA Board and Committee positions for the 2019/2020 year. The Nominations Committee, therefore, calls for nominations with the criteria as below:
There currently exists four (4) vacancies on the Board for eligible members to be nominated to:
The following criteria are applicable to be eligible as a nominee:
1) Be an IBASA member in good standing;
2) Have proven corporate governance experience;
3) Qualification and Experience in the field of Marketing, ICT or HR
4) At least five years’ experience as an SMME owner
5) Ability to leverage Corporate Enterprise Development networks would be an advantage
6) Preferably female;
7) Preferably reside in Limpopo, Western Cape, Mpumalanga
In terms of clause 7.3.1 of the MOI, the term of office for Board members shall be three (3) years and no Board member shall serve more than two terms (six years) consecutively. On completion of terms of office, whether consecutive or not, a Board member shall cease to be a member of the Board and may not serve again as such.
The board has the following board committees. Should you be interested or want to nominate someone to possibly be considered to serve on a committee, please nominate this person by using the attached forms.
IBASA BOARD COMMITTEES
1) Audit & Risk Committee
2) Nomination Committee
3) Social and Ethics Committee
4) Financial Committee
5) Educational Committee
6) Human Resources Committee
7) Marketing Committee
8) Information and Communication Technology Committee
A member of the institute as defined in Clause 6.1 of the MOI, may nominate and second an IBASA member, and/or be nominated as a board member in terms of Clause 7.4.1 of the MOI.
Kindly forward your nominations for potential candidates who ideally meet the proposed criteria and possess the above-mentioned “background, skills, competencies and expertise” to the Nominations Committee (NOMCOM) no later than 16h00 on January 31st, 2020.