The AGM held on the 15 September 2016 consented to the proposal on membership fee increases, effective on 1 April 2017.
Annual fees will be as follows:
|Certified Business Advisor||R 1 700.00|
|Principal Business Advisor||R 1 400.00|
|Business Advisor||R 1 100.00|
|Membership Application||R 600.00|
|Critical Skills||R 5 000.00|
IBASA Board of Directors has given careful consideration to the issue of increasing membership fees, in these financially difficult times, bearing in mind the last time we had fees increases was on the 1 April 2013 more than three years ago.
Why is a fee increase necessary?
In Feb, 2013, the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA), gave recognition to the IBA as a professional body. This initiative mandates that all IBA members must constantly undertake Continuous Professional Developments. This, in turn, requires the Institute to improve its technological infrastructure, in order to efficiently administrate CPD, online.
This means we will be adding value to your membership, by introducing the following, “member-only” benefits:
- Professional development and certification opportunities, which increase credibility
- Upgrading of our website
o Online application form and payment facility
o Online recording and submission of CPD activities
o Streamlining SAQA submissions
o Paperless Certificate
o Access to resource library
o Join group of interest
- Launch of IBASA Online Courses, on our website, webinars etc. where you will be able to choose from an array of approved courses that you can attend, view or study, take the test and online approval and certificate, when you pass.
- Provision of relevant information is a valuable member service and a revenue opportunity
- Networking opportunities through our integrated, online Membership Directory
- Establishment of various board committees for the benefit of better corporate governance and functioning of IBASA.
- Sourcing of mentorship projects, nationwide.
- Corporate documentary video.